Sunday, January 8, 2012

We must Check ourselves so we can be a vessel of Honor for the King of Kings!!

I remember the lyrics to a song from a while back. The lyrics are, "Check yourself before you wreck yourself." Oh how many of us are living wrecked lives because we are not accountable to anyone? How many of us are living as if tomorrow is promised? It is time to stop taking a look to our left and to our right and a time to take a look in the mirror. A long look. A look that will cause us to walk away and make some changes for the glory of God. Our mirror my sister and my brother is the word of God. It is time to be a living, breathing, walking, and talking witness for God. It is time to check ourselves my friend. No one knows the day or the hour in which it will be our last day on earth. How do we know what our life will be like tomorrow? We don't know! "Your life is like the morning fog it’s here a little while, then it’s gone."~James4:14 It is time to check ourselves!

We can do many things each day. We can even do things that we feel are benefiting the Kingdom of God, but if we are doing them for selfish gain or to be seen of men it will be done in vain! All of our work will be null and void if it is coming forth from our flesh! I don't know about you but I do not want to be before God on the day of judgment and to be told to depart for He never knew me! “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!"~Matthew7:21-23

It is time to check ourselves! We would not dare leave the house without taking a look in the mirror to make sure everything is looking right. We would not dare to leave the house barefoot and naked. We take the time to be clothed accordingly. Oh but we do not take the time to be clothed with the word of God. We can go about our days without taking the time to dig into the word so that the word can dig into us. How is it that we just throw ourselves together and go to the house of God? We don't take the time to pray. We don't take the time to read. We don't take the time to fast. We don't take the time to meditate on His goodness and His mercy. We don't take the time to ask God to clean our hands and purify our hearts. God is not pleased! We need to check ourselves!

From this day forward we must check ourselves. How do I check myself you ask? What is my measuring stick? My friend we check ourselves by getting in the word! "Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."~2Timothy2:15 Do you know someone that knows the Bible front to back but there is not root in them? They can quote scripture but they are not living scripture. We have to be careful to not just know the word but to do what the word says to do. We don't want to be forever learning but never knowing the truth! So make up in your mind today that you are going to check yourself so that you can be a vessel of honor for the King of Kings every day of your life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment