Monday, August 25, 2014

Don't be fooled by what you currently see!

"After that, the Word of God came to me: “Zerubbabel started rebuilding this Temple and he will complete it. That will be your confirmation that God-of-the-Angel-Armies sent me to you. Does anyone dare despise this day of small beginnings? They’ll change their tune when they see Zerubbabel setting the last stone in place!” Going back to the vision, the Messenger-Angel said, “The seven lamps are the eyes of God probing the dark corners of the world like searchlights.”~Zechariah4:8-10(MSG)

Today I dropped my daughter off for her first day of first grade. As we sat there, I looked around. My baby girl is 6 and is in a multi-age classroom. That means that there are both first and second graders in one classroom. Even though she is not the oldest child in the classroom, she is the tallest child in the classroom. It made me think back to when I was a child. I hit my growth spurt sooner than a lot of my classmates. So, if you seen me you would have thought I was going to be tall. Well, that was not the case. See, I hit my growth spurt early but I stopped growing when others kept on growing. That is what happens a lot of times doesn't it? You can look around and it looks like everyone else is so much farther along than you. They can look so much bigger than you through your eyes. My friend, don't get discouraged or fooled by what you currently see! God is not through with you! Others may seem bigger but be encouraged because God is still stretching and growing you!


It is easy to look at others and compare ourselves to them. Comparison is one of the quickest robbers of joy! Don't you know that when we compare ourselves to our brothers and sisters in Christ we lose focus of our strengths? It is easy to see only your weaknesses when you look at someone else's strengths. Instead of comparing yourself to others, rejoice when you see God's anointing upon others. Pray for them. Encourage them. You do not know what seeds were sown and watered in there life for God to bring forth the increase of strength that you see. One thing you can be rest assured of is the fact that seeds were sown. If you know anything about a seed, you know that different seeds grow at different rates. Not only do different seeds grow at different rates but the ground the seed is sown in determines how well that seed will grow. Lets make sure we are good ground so that we can grow as God desires for us to grow us.

I want to leave you with some encouragement on today. Rest on this word. You, my friend, are unique and you are beautiful. You are God's handy work. Never allow yourself to feel smaller than you are. "I will confess and praise You for You are fearful and wonderful and for the awful wonder of my birth! Wonderful are Your works, and that my inner self knows right well."~Psalm139:14(AMP) I love that God, asked the question in Zechariah does any dare despise this day of small beginnings. Never allow yourself to despise where you are in God. God is yet working in and through you. Perfecting everything He started in you.

Let me pray with you on today. Father God, I come before you right now in the mighty name of Jesus. Father, I thank you for each person that took the time to read this blog. I pray that it encouraged them and drew them closer to you. Oh God, you declare in your word that when we draw close to you that you will draw close to us. We thank you of that drawing on today. Father, I ask that you would open their eyes so that they would see themselves through the eyes of Christ. Allow them to see who they are in your eyes. I bind the spirit of fear right now in the name of Jesus. I speak what your word declares for you have not given us the spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. Have your way in the lives of your people! Remove any hindrance or weight in the name of Jesus! We count it as done and we give you the highest praise due to your holy name in the matchless name of Jesus, amen!

If you do not know Jesus as your personal savior and would like to receive the greatest gift you will ever receive, the gift of salvation join me in prayer on today. Father, I confess that I have sinned against you. I believe in my heart and confess with my mouth that you are Lord. I believe that Jesus died on the cross for me and rose from the dead to sit on the right hand of God the Father. Enter into my heart today to live forever more. I give you access to every part of me. Thank you, Jesus for saving me on this day! In Jesus name, Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment