Friday, August 15, 2014

You are too strong to be weak!

"The Lord is my Strength and my [impenetrable] Shield; my heart trusts in, relies on, and confidently leans on Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song will I praise Him."~Psalm28:7(AMP)

I was laughing, joking and play fighting with my oldest son when I told him, you are too strong to be weak. See, my eleven year old son is almost as tall as me and weighs ninety four pounds. He does not realize his strength. He does not realize how big he is. As soon as the words came out of my mouth, I got excited! Think about it. Let it marinate. Many of us do not realize our own strength. We don't realize just where our strength comes from. The world would have us think it is from our size, but don't you know our strength comes from our God! Psalm28:7 reminds us that the Lord is our shield not only our shield but a impenetrable shield. That means absolutely nothing will be able to get past that shield. Now, that is the very definition of strong. When we know that we know that we know that God is our strength, we are able to walk out and live the remainder of Psalm28:7.  Our hearts trust in, rely on, and confidently lean on Him! We know that we are helped and our heart greatly rejoices and with our song will we praise God! Now, that right there is a promise to stand on.

As I began to think about the reasons that we forget just how strong we are and become paralyzed and weak, the first thing that came to my mind was we think we have to be in the fight all by ourselves. We forget that it is a "fixed" fight! "The Lord himself will fight for you. Just stay calm."~Exodus14:14(NLT) Don't you know that the Lord Himself will fight for you. Sometimes we have to remind ourselves to stand on Exodus 14:13. We have to stand still and see the salvation of the Lord. The next time a situation tries to remind you of your weakness remind your situation who is perfected in your weakness! "But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me."~2Corinthians12:9(NIV) The next time fear and doubt come knocking and throwing up your weaknesses boast in them and let God's strength be perfected! God's grace is more than sufficient for every battle and storm you will face.

Never allow the size of your giant that you are up against cause you to forget the size of your God! "But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world." If that promise of God is not enough then lean on the strength that comes from this scripture:  "I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who [a]infuses inner strength into me; I am [b]self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency]."~Philippians4:13(AMP) Our feelings change, our circumstances change, but the word of God remains the same. If you are having trouble seeing your strength, allow God to light up the path for you to see! You my friend, are too strong to be weak another day of your life! Embrace your strength on today.

I would love to pray with you on today. Father God, I thank you for each and every person that took the time to read this blog on today. I pray that it met them right where they were at and caused them to be reminded of how strong they are in you. Father, I thank you for perfecting your strength in them through their weaknesses. Oh God, I thank you that we can run to you in our times of not just trouble but of victory! How great it is to be able to come before the throne of grace and marvel at your majesty. Father, on today I pray that what ever battle my brother or sister is facing that you remind them that you are not only their guide but their guard! That not weapon that is formed against them will prosper and that every lying tongue will be condemned! Have your way God. Move by your spirit right now and cause every crooked place to be made straight for your glory! In the mighty and matchless name of Jesus Christ, Amen!

If you do not know Jesus Christ as your personal savior, I would love to pray with you on today to accept the greatest gift of all. The gift of eternal life. Repeat after me if you would desire to accept Him as Lord of your life. Father God, I  believe in my heart and confess with my mouth that Jesus is Lord. I ask that you would come in to my heart and reign forever more. I believe that you died for my sins on the cross and that you rose from the dead and sit at the right hand of God. I repent of all past sins. I give you my life this day forever more. In Jesus name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment