Sunday, August 10, 2014

Uncomfortable because of growing pains!

"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us."(Romans8:18NIV)


As I was in my bed last night trying to drift away to sleep, I began to think about the pain that is associated with growth. The very reason many of us are uncomfortable is because God is enlarging us  and we no longer fit in the same position that we once fit in. I don't know about you, but i have tried to fit into something that was too small. Let me tell you if you have never done this, it is beyond uncomfortable. It does not matter the length of time you try to keep what does not fit on, keeping it on will cause discomfort. That is what is happening right now in many of our lives. We are experiencing growing pains. We can no longer fit where we once could fit comfortably! God is enlarging your faith. God is enlarging your hope. God is enlarging your joy. God is enlarging your peace. God is enlarging your worship. God is enlarging your praise.  I want to encourage you that the pain is only temporary and the growth that is being produced in you will amaze you. Your present suffering is not even worth comparing for the glory that will be revealed in you!

When I think about growing pains, I think of my children. Each of them are in different stages of life and with each stage there comes a different set of growing pains. The exciting thing about growing pains is that with it comes growth. My oldest son is eleven and almost as tall as me. When I look at him I still see my baby boy that I held in my arms and rocked to sleep. As I prepare for him to soon be going to middle school, I watch in amazement.  The growth that he has experienced this summer has been awesome. The biggest change I see in him is his appetite. He is hungry all of the time now! What would once satisfy him is no longer enough. Let me let you in on a little secret. As you begin to grow, your appetite for the word will change. Your appetite will not only change but milk will no longer satisfy you. "For everyone who continues to feed on milk is obviously inexperienced and unskilled in the doctrine of righteousness (of conformity to the divine will in purpose, thought, and action), for he is a mere infant [not able to talk yet]!
14 But solid food is for full-grown men, for those whose senses and mental faculties are trained by practice to discriminate and distinguish between what is morally good and noble and what is evil and contrary either to divine or human law."(Hebrews5:13-14AMP)  

I just wanted to encourage you to get excited about what God is doing in your life. Move from being unsure of what He was doing to rejoicing in what He is doing! Move from concentrating on the pain to rejoicing about His glory being revealed in you! Move from fitting in to standing out for His glory! You were not created to fit in."But you are the ones chosen by God, chosen for the high calling of priestly work, chosen to be a holy people, God’s instruments to do his work and speak out for him, to tell others of the night-and-day difference he made for you—from nothing to something, from rejected to accepted."(1Peter2:9MSG)

Let me pray with you today. Father God, I come before you thanking you for each person that took the time to read this blog. I ask God that you would meet them right where they are and fill whatever need they are standing with on today. Father, I thank you for the ability to come to you in prayer. I thank you that when we come before your throne of grace we leave differently than when we entered in. Oh, God I thank you for the work you are perfecting even now and that even though we will have times of growing pains and of being uncomfortable we know that the glory that will be revealed in us will be incomparable! Father, I pray for those who may not know you as their savor and the pardoner of their sins. If you don't know Jesus as Lord and Savior, won't you accept the greatest gift you have ever received? The gift of eternal life. The gift of a Savior. Join in this prayer. Father God, I believe in my heart and confess with my mouth that Jesus is Lord. That Jesus Christ died for my sins! That Jesus Christ rose from the dead and sits at the right hand of the father and I ask Him into my heart to reign forever more. In Jesus name, AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment